Hosted by NEPAD Secretariat, the Fourth CAADP Partnership Platform ( CAADP PP) Meeting was convened in Pretoria, South Africa on the 26th and 27th March 2009.
The CAADP PP is a senior level mechanism instituted to facilitate a common understanding on the progress of, and challenges facing, CAADP and to advise on CAADP implementation priorities. The CAADP PP has evolved into a key instrument for peer interaction and sharing among key African Union institutions (including the African Union Commission, NEPAD Secretariat and Regional Economic Communities), continental and regional farmers’ organisations, leading African academic and research institutions, African private sector representatives and CSO representatives with direct stake in the promotion of agriculture in Africa and development partners.
The Meeting was officiated by South Africa’s Minister of Agriculture and Land Affairs, Hon. Lulama Xingwana, and had a record turn out of 210 participants on the first day. The meeting reviewed and discussed the following issues;
· Progress and status in CAADP implementation and support focusing on identifying key lessons and defining strategies and critical measures to be taken to accelerate implementation at country level.
· Operationalisation of the CAADP Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF).
· Progress on the implementation of some CAADP “early actions”.
· Preparations being made for the upcoming African Ministers of Land and Agriculture Conference and the AU Heads of State and Government Summit.
· CAADP links to global deliberations on agriculture, food and nutrition security
· Preliminary outcomes of the CAADP review.
Rural Development Donor Platform 03/04 The IVth CAADP Partnership Platform Meeting Concluded
African Press Organisation 27/03 South Africa / African leaders, Development Partners and Civil Society Renew Commitment to Agriculture at the 4th CAADP PP