February 4, 2010 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The 2nd Euro-Africa Cooperation Forum on ICT Research” was organised by the FP7 EuroAfrica-ICT EU-funded project and was supported by the African Union Commission (AUC - HRST) and the European Commission (EC - DG INFSO - International Relations Unit) under the Information Communication Technology (ICT) theme of the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
This 2nd Forum edition was organised as a post-event to the “AU 2010 Summit” and the “AU-ECA 2010 Summit Exhibition”.
This Forum was a practical, learning and interactive conference organised as a follow-up event of the 1st edition held in Brussels, Belgium in March 2009. The Forum brought together sub-Saharan African and European organisations for an interactive and a participative event with the following objectives:
- Reflect on progress made and lessons learnt on ICT research and development in Africa and its contribution through partnerships to economic growth, improved quality of life and efficient service delivery
- Gain insight on the status and perspectives of the 8th Partnership (“African-EU Partnership for Science, Information Society and Space”) and support its action plan
- Learn more about the status and perspectives of the EC/AUC/ACP Programmes
- Enhance the development of Euro-Africa collaborative ICT research projects and identify potential partners
- Highlight the range and excellence of ICT research in Africa and in Europe
- Allow participative and interactive working sessions on ICT research and development through panel debates and interactive thematic sessions
- Network with key stakeholders in the field (private/public bodies)
- Hear about opportunities to enhance African participation in FP7
- Get detailed information on successful EU-African FP7 cooperation projects and EU-African PPP (Public-Private Partnerships)