The African Young Scientists Initiative on Climate Change and Indigenous Knowledge (AYSICCIK) is organising an International Student Conference: Climate Change and Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS), (CCIKS2011)
The objectives of the conference are:
- To create an international platform for students and youth to exchange ideas and experiences in the field of climate change research and the role of indigenous knowledge systems in climate change adaptation and mitigation;
- To facilitate the building of a sustainable Young African Scientists Network on Climate Change research initiative;
- To inform the formulation of the African Young Scientists Initiative on Climate Change (AYSICC) based on indigenous knowledge systems.
The conference themes are:
- The Role of Indigenous Knowledge Systems in Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation;
- Climate change and vulnerable groups (women, children, disabled, etc,);
- Climate change, food security and health;
- Climate change, Migration and social conflicts;
- Climate change, land, water and other natural resources management;
- Climate change and biodiversity management and conservation.