IST-Africa 2008 will focus on Applied ICT research topics addressing major societal and economic challenges, which is part of the European Commission's Information Communications Technologies (ICT) programme. The programme combines strategic keynote presentations, technical and policy papers, case studies, workshops, an exhibition and social activities.
About e-agriculture: Session 9d: e-Inclusion - Using ICT to Support Rural Communities
- Towards a Modelling Framework for Information and Communication Technology Use in Commercial Agriculture: Significant Factors in South Africa Rachael Tembo, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa
- Using ICTs for Managing Network Genebanks: The Case of SADC Plant Genetic Resources Centre Barnabas Kapange, SADC Plant Genetic Resources Centre (SPGRC), Zambia
- Access to Digital Content and Information in Developing Countries: the Case of Agricultural Research and Development in Uganda Raphael AREGU, University of Groningen: Gulu University., Netherlands
- ICT as an Enabler for Maximising the Local Economies of Small-town, Rural Africa Roger Layton, Roger Layton Associates (Pty) Ltd, South Africa
- Internet in rural areas of Zambia: a user study Paula van Hoorik, TNO, Netherlands