The private sector agribusiness forum organized a side event and also held several consultative meetings in June 2007 at the FARA General Assembly. At the June meeting an interim steering committee was nominated with the mandate of developing the goals, objectives and a work plan in preparation for the official launch in 18 months. The ISC therefore proposed the present meeting for its membership to chart the way forward for the forum.
The meeting hence is expected to among other things lead to:
- Development and approval of an action plan for the forum.
- Laying formal structures for the private sector forum.
- Formation of a formal forum for networking, partnership and collaboration between the public and private sector agribusiness in Africa and the whole world.
- Discussing and approval of the code of conduct for the membership.
- Kick off the membership drive from national level all the way to regional level.