This conference aimed:
- to provide a forum for the exchange of these ideas and experiences on knowledge and innovation systems among different innovation agents (including the public, private, and civil sectors);
- to showcase methods and applications of successful experiences in knowledge and innovations;
- and to identify areas for further research, advocacy, and cooperation.
- One of the keynote speakers was Dr. Monty Jones who brought on 07/04 a Keynote speech on Using knowledge and innovation in pro-poor agricultural research.
- Dr. ADEWALE ADEKUNLE was the CHAIR of Session Three on "Using Technical Knowledge and Innovation for Growth & Development – Future Issues"
- FARA Board member Lucy Muchoki (African Natural Products) contributed to Session 4 with a speech on Knowledge and innovation for agricultural development—private sector contribution
Reference: Press Release IFPRI April 7, 2008 : International Conference to Discuss New Technologies, Innovations, and Knowledge to Improve Agriculture and Livelihoods
Statements: IFPRI has posted on 26/06 on YouTube 11 video’s of which the intervention of Dr. Jones (22 minutes).Dr. Monty Jones brought on 07/04 a Keynote speech on Using knowledge and innovation in pro-poor agricultural research.
Using knowledge and innovation in pro-poor agricultural researchMonty Jones, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa. 21:51 minutes
Opening Remarks Joachim von Braun, International Food Policy Research Institute. Advancing Agriculture in Developing Countries through Knowledge and Innovation.