Dr Hansjörg Neun, Director of CTA, &
Ms. Tumi Makgabo, Africa Broadcasting and Media, South Africa (former CNN)
- Contribution of the media to the development of agriculture in ACP countries;
- What is expected of the media at the various levels of agricultural development;
- Role of the media in creating awareness in the agricultural sectors of ACP countries (from political decision-makers to rural communities);
- The media's needs in terms of capacity building;
- Interlinkage of different media (local, national, regional, and international);
- Specific role of different types of media in the agricultural sector;
- Role of new media (mobile phones, YouTube, etc.) in collecting information.
FARA presented a poster on Innovative Farmer Advisory Services using ICT (June 2009 : 66 pages). This study concluded that systems which use a voice-platform or audio files provide an innovative and promising entry point to farmer information.
Urging the Pacific Media to Support Agriculture & Rural Development