The EU-funded (€ 45M) “All ACP Agricultural Commodities Programme” (AAACP) became operational in September 2007 following a long gestation period.The overall objective of this EU-funded programme is to improve incomes and livelihoods for ACP producers of traditional and other agricultural commodities, and to reduce income vulnerability at both producer and macro levels.
- Supporting the participatory formulation and implementation of commodity chain strategies in Commodity Dependent Developing Countries (CDDCs)
- Encouraging sustainable corporate practices and investments for sustainable commodity production
- Advancing efforts to develop regional markets, policies and services in support of commodity sectors
- Supporting CDDCs in their diversification efforts
- Extending access to market-based commodity risk management instruments
- Maximising opportunities for CDDCs in the multilateral trading system, and
- Developing multi-donor cooperation and coordination in support of commodity strategies.
AAACP Newletter February 2008